Grilling bbq chicken thighs is easy and extremely helpful if you are wanting to grill with a busy schedule– you just need some good seasoning and you’ll be good to go!
Smoked Barbecue Chicken Thighs
Grilling bbq chicken thighs is easy and extremely helpful if you are wanting to grill with a busy schedule– you just need some good seasoning and you'll be good to go!
- Wire Cooking Rack
- 6 chicken thighs bone in, skin on
- 2 Tb barbecue rub
- 3 Tb butter
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Pull the skin back away from the thigh and use a knife to remove any fat on the underside of the skin.
- Sprinkle barbecue rub on the chicken thigh and replace the skin back over the meat. Sprinkle additional rub over the skin.
- Take each thigh and place it into a mini loaf pan, making sure the skin is nice and smooth, tucked around the thigh like a blanket. Sprinkle more rub over top.
- Add about ½ Tb. pad of butter on the top of each thigh.
- Place pan in the smoker around 300 degrees for 60-90 minutes until reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees, tested with an instant-read thermometer.
- Pull the pan out of the grill to glaze the thighs with barbecue sauce. Transfer each thigh from the pan to a wire cooking or cooling rack and use a pastry brush to paint the warmed barbecue sauce all over the thigh. Otherwise, thighs can be dipped into a bowl of warm barbecue sauce to eliminate the appearance of brush strokes.
Calories: 375kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 506mg | Potassium: 348mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 475IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 72mg | Iron: 3mg
Leave a Comment