This recipe was definitely created with our kids in mind. While Ethan is slowly growing to appreciate a little heat, Addy is still strongly opposed to anything spicy. So we kept the green chile quantity in check, adding just enough to add some flavor but not so much that it upset our younger taste testers.
If the kids aren’t eating it though, I’d probably double the green chiles.
We recently published our Smoked Queso 5 Ways video. Be sure to check out that post for more variations of our classic smoked queso recipe and see how all our guest judges ranked the competition.
Smoked Queso Blanco
This simple Queso blanco is great as a dip or slathered over your favorite burrito or enchilada. With it's low spice factor, it will be a fan favorite at the kids table.
- 1 lb white Velveeta cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 onion diced
- ½ cup green chilies
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- Cube and shred the cheese accordingly.
- Saute onions using butter or oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a cast iron or disposable aluminum pan.
- Place pan on grill or smoker (indirect heat) at 300° for about 45 minutes. Stir halfway through.
Calories: 169kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 587mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 596IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 286mg | Iron: 1mg
Leave a Comment