When I’m left alone in the kitchen to make smoked queso, this is usually the direction that I head. Taco meat just calls me. Pepper jack cheese and jalapenos call me. Cheese…. it calls me. This is the queso version of me.
David’s Smoked Queso
A perfect dip for any party, this queso and a bag of tortilla chips will be gone in no time!
- ¾ lb velveeta cubed
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 can rotel
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 Tb pickled jalapenos chopped
- 8 oz monterey jack cheese shredded
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ cup scallions chopped, for garnish
- Brown the ground beef and add taco seasoning according to the instructions on the packet.
- Dice and saute the onion using butter or oil.
- Place all the ingredients together in a cast iron or disposable aluminum pan.
- Place the pan on a grill or smoker (indirect heat) at 300° for about 45 minutes. Stir half-way through the cooking time.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 231mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 613IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 245mg | Iron: 1mg