Chipotles in adobo? I love it. My wife hates it.
Chorizo sausage? I love it. My wife hates it.
Cheese? We both love it.
So when I created this recipe for chipotle chorizo smoked queso, we of course assumed that Melissa would not be a fan.
We recently published our Smoked Queso 5 Ways video and we all couldn’t have been more shocked at Melissa’s opinion of this cheese dip. Be sure to check out that post for more variations of the beloved smoked queso recipe and see how all our guest judges ranked the competition.
Chipotle Chorizo Smoked Queso
- 1 lb chorizo browned
- ½ can chipotle pepper in adobo minced
- 1 lb Velveeta cubed
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 8 oz Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ c cilantro chopped, for garnish
- Brown the chorizo and prepare the cheeses.
- Place all ingredients (minus cilantro) in the pan.
- Put the pan in your grill or smoker over indirect heat at 300° for about 45 minutes. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Once completely melted and blended together, garnish with cilantro on top.