Shrimp on the Barbie
This recipe is so quick and simple to make and packs a powerful punch when it comes to flavor!
- Metal Kabob Skewers or
- wooden skewers
- basting brush
- 2 lbs raw shrimp
- 2 sticks butter
- 1.5 Tb brown sugar
- 1.5 Tb Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- .25 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 Tb fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add and thoroughly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Thaw the shrimp. Place them on the metal or wood skewers.
- Baste the raw shrimp skewers with the butter mix on both sides.
- Transfer skewers to grill set to about 400°.
- Continue basting the shrimp as they cook with remaining butter sauce.
- The shrimp will only need about 1-2 minutes per side. They're fully cooked when they are no longer translucent, but more opaque in color.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley (optional).
If using wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes prior to threading the shrimp. This will help prevent them from burning on the grill.
Calories: 298kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 204mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 160mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1020IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1mg