Smoked Cream Cheese (sweet)
This sweet variation of smoked cream cheese will be a fan favorite every time you serve it!
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 2 Tb Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tb Turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- 1/2 tsp onion
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1 pinch Chipotle
- 1 pinch Cumin
- 2 Tb apricot preserves
- Combine all the dry ingredients and blend together.
- Remove the block of cream cheese from the wrapper and generously coat all sides in the sweet BBQ rub.
- Take a sharp knife and score the top of the cream cheese in a diamond pattern.
- Put the seasoned and scored cream cheese on a pan and place it on your smoker set to 225° for about 2 hours.
- After removing the smoked cream cheese from the smoker, warm up a little apricot preserves to drizzle over the top.
While a generous coating of the sweet BBQ rub is appropriate, you will probably have some leftover. (Do not feel like you have to use it all.) Serve this warm with your favorite variety of crackers. We prefer pita crackers. Keep the cream cheese nice and cold in the refrigerator until you’re ready to begin. Otherwise, it will be too soft and messy to work with. I do not recommend using low fat cream cheese for this recipe.
Calories: 58kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 275mg | Potassium: 92mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 93IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 104mg | Iron: 1mg
Make sure you check out all our other favorite ways to fix smoked cream cheese!
Leave a Comment