Smoked Cream Cheese (Savory)
Just about the easiest appetizer you can make, this smoked cream cheese will be a smash wherever you serve it!
- 8 oz full fat cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 Tb turbinado sugar
- 1/2 Tb garlic powder
- 1/2 Tb onion powder
- 1/2 Tb paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3/4 tsp brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tb Captain Rodney's Boucan Glaze
- Combine all the dry ingredients and blend together.
- Remove the block of cream cheese from the wrapper and generously coat all sides in the BBQ rub.
- Take a sharp knife and score the top of the cream cheese in a diamond pattern.
- Put the seasoned and scored cream cheese on a pan and place it on your smoker set to 225° for about 2 hours.
- After removing the smoked cream cheese from the smoker, warm up a little Captain Rodney's to drizzle over the top.
While a generous coating of the BBQ rub is appropriate, you will probably have some leftover. (Do not feel like you have to use it all.) Serve this warm with your favorite variety of crackers. We prefer pita crackers. Keep the cream cheese nice and cold in the refrigerator until you’re ready to begin. Otherwise, it will be too soft and messy to work with. I do not recommend using low fat cream cheese for this recipe.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 348mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 98IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 1mg
Make sure you check out all our other favorite ways to fix smoked cream cheese!
Leave a Comment